New Book: A Chronicle of Infinty
Release 16 October 2018
I am proud to announce my new book published by Lecturis with the text written by my son Luciano Mateo Rodriguez Carrington.
If you would like to acquire one. You can pre-order it at Lecturis HERE or at your local bookshop.
‘It is with great pleasure that I introduce the work of Lita Cabellut, my mother and one of today’s most significant artists in the field of human portraits. Her work has inspired many and directly shaped me, with her immense canvases that serve as mirrors and encourage people to exercise empathy and compassion. Lita Cabellut’s mission is to explore human emotions, conditions and societal challenges through her own language of artistic expression.
In today’s constantly shrinking world, Cabellut’s work provides a crucial contribution by provoking a dialogue about humanity as a whole. In doing so, she visualizes the human spectrum based on a collective humanism as well as a sense of individual relativity.
In the following text, I gladly share an exploration of the philosophy behind Lita’s latest series, A Chronicle of the Infinite, wherein she poetically stresses the intrinsic interconnectivity between creation and decay.This series explores the infinite process of human transformation as a consequence of experience and time. In doing so, Cabellut sketches an interpretation of human transformation as a cyclical process, wherein ‘the Self’ is in constant renegotiation.’
Luciano Mateo Rodriguez Carrington
- 17 October 2018 – 27 January: 2019 A Chronicle of the Infinite, Museum Jan van der Togt, Amstelveen, The Netherlands.
- 20 October 2018 10:15 Close up – Beauty above all re-run of the documentary on NPO 1.
- 23 October 2018 – January 2019: The Rossini Project, in collaboration with Kai Dikhas – Documentation centre German Sinti en Roma, Berlin, Germany.
- 28 November 2018 – 12 December 2018: A Retrospective, Opera gallery, Seoul, South Korea.
- 11 December 2018 – 25 December 2018: A Chronicle of the Infinite, Opera gallery New York, USA.
- 10 February 2019: Premiere opera KARL V, Bayerische Staats Opera, Munich.